Symbion Power is a New York based Independent Power Producer (IPP) that develops, builds and operates generation, transmission and distribution projects. We have invested in 1,378MW of installed generation capacity in developing countries and we have constructed over 4,000 kms of Extra High Voltage (EHV) transmission and distribution lines and associated substations. Since 2005 we have operated in the Middle East, Asia and Africa where we continue to expand our portfolio.
- Financial management of multiple legal entities in various jurisdictions from project inception to operations.
- Financial input into investment models for funding and planning purposes
- Control of capital budget for multiple projects in the USD100m – USD200m range
- Reporting from a project accounting perspective as well as a financial accounting perspective.
- Liaising with lenders as well as equity investors and satisfying their information requirements
- Ensuring compliance with local authorities in the jurisdictions companies operate in.
- Cash flow management.
- Monthly, weekly and daily reporting to tight deadlines
- At least 8 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated working experience at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in construction and/or development work at a senior level
- Demonstrated experience in daily, weekly and monthly reporting to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in compliance in various jurisdictions and liaison with government functionaries
- Demonstrated experience liaising and reporting requirements of development funders
- Raising and reporting requirements of equity funders
- Management of financial aspects in the execution of construction contract
- Excellent reporting skills using Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated hands on approach to the job
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting
- Preferably have a formal recognised accounting qualification
- Preferably a graduate from an internationally renowned university
- Preferably have residence as expatriate on the African continent
- Preferably have experience in energy-related projects