African Capital Alliance (ACA) is a leading independent private equity firm investing in West Africa, principally in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea and manages over $750m in assets. ACA was founded in 1997 with a mission to build Africa’s premier private equity investment firm by mobilizing capital, technology and management resources from local and international sources to unlock Africa’s private sector potential. Through our funds, we strive to improve the economic landscape of our markets while earning superior returns for our investors based on management excellence through professionalism and unquestionable integrity.
ACA manages a $165 million real estate fund focused on making equity and equity-related investments in real estate opportunities across West Africa. The Capital Alliance Property Investment Company (CAPIC) endeavors to be the leading provider of “high value-add” investment management services in real estate by capitalizing on its “best-in-class” real estate operator partnerships, access to institutional capital, property investing expertise, transaction structuring, and the substantial experience and focus of its management team.
The Senior Real Estate Investment Executive will work with a team of experienced real estate professionals to execute real estate investments, and also to provide transaction-related financial underwriting and analytical support to select CAPIC portfolio companies. Responsibilities include oversight and execution of extensive financial modeling and real estate underwriting, oversight and execution of market research for new business development, preparation of presentation materials, and the professional development and training of analysts. CAPIC’s dynamic and entrepreneurial culture requires independent motivation, team-oriented thought generation, professional business judgment and enthusiasm. You will work closely with all levels within the organization and be given high-level responsibilities commensurate with demonstrated ability.
The subject position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Oversee the due diligence/underwriting process on new potential investments
- Prepare investment committee memorandums for new investments and participate in investment committee presentations
- Development and maintain financial models using both Excel and ARGUS
- Assist with capital raising and various investor relations requests
- Portfolio manage select assets;
- Function as a contact for various existing fund and joint venture relationships.
- Formulate recommendations and action plans for investments based on financial analysis and execute/oversee business plans for new investments
- Actively source current market information as well as develop key contacts in order to source and quickly react to investment opportunities.
- Review and respond to all requests received from existing and prospective LPs and investment partners.
- Provide regular information updates regarding current market conditions, including supply, demand and competitor activity
Candidate Qualifications / Experience
- Preference given to previous employment at a principal real estate firm or real estate investment bank.
- Strong financial modeling experience and working knowledge of ARGUS
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- A high degree of integrity.
- Desire to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organization.