About the Company
Konkola Copper Mines Plc (KCM) is one of the leading integrated copper producers in Africa, and aims to become a major global copper producer.
KCM is primarily engaged in the exploration for, mining, production and sale of copper and copper by-products. KCM is a subsidiary of Vedanta Resources Plc, a London Stock Exchange listed and one of the world’s largest diversified natural resources companies with interests in zinc, lead, silver, copper, aluminium, iron ore, power and oil and gas. Vedanta Resources has operations located in geographies spanning India, Australia, Zambia, South Africa, Liberia, Sri Lanka, Namibia and Ireland.
Konkola Trainee Programme
The trainee will undergo an intensive Internship Programme in order to acquire managerial knowledge, hands on expertise and skills in preparation for future roles in any organization.
- Annual Salary between $32,500 and $38,000
- Bachelor’s accommodation provided
- Transport facilities provided (for Official Purposes)
- Access to subsidized Fitness Centre Facilities.
- Mobile phone credit (eligible)
- Temporary Employment Permit Will be sponsored by the Company.
- Access Medical facilities.
- Air Fare (Economy Class Return) provided
As part of the programme you will:
- Set Internship Development Objectives/Goals with Mentor.
- Gain knowledge, skills and hands on experience required in order to serve as reservoir for future management responsibilities.
- Understudy and perform duties in several operational areas including development and support of operational based business systems and maintenance of Infrastructure.
- Demonstrate an interest in reading and updating personal knowledge of management ethics and current industry trends as well as management development.
- Participate in the on-going monitoring and review of the progress of one’s performance with key trainers and Senior Management.
- Observe experienced staff and gain knowledge about policies, procedures, methods and standards that are required for performing ones duties in KCM.
- Produce work consistent with quality and standard required.
- Participate in the exercises / Job-on-training as assigned.
Programme available in the Finance / Commercial stream
Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant degree in any of the following disciplines:
- You must be Recent Graduate.
- You must not be more than 26 years of age.