Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Projects Officer to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Manager – Projects
Purpose of Role
Produce the assignment within the specified Time, Cost, Quality, Scope, Risk and benefits.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Prepare baseline management products: – Project brief including the project product description, Benefit review plan, Project initiation document, stage/exception plan, work packages etc.
- Prepare reports e.g. Highlight report, Issue report, end stage report, Lessons report, exception report, end project reports etc
- Maintain records e.g. Issue register, risk register, daily log, lessons log
- Liaise with corporate or programme management to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated by related projects
- Lead and motivate projects team
- Ensure that behavioral expectations of the project team members are established
- Manage the information flows between the directing and the delivering levels of the project
- Manage production of required services/products by taking responsibility of the for overall progress and use of resources and initiating corrective measures where necessary
- Establish and manage project controls through monitoring and evaluation
- Perform any other duties assigned
- Setting work package tolerances
- Decide whether an issue qualifies to raise an issue and exception report
- Decide who in a project team best suits a specific responsibility.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Registered and Certified Prince2 Practitioner, MBA graduate.
- Knowledge of Project matters
- Relevant experience of working in projects
- Good planning and analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in successfully leading and managing projects from start to finish in adherence to timelines