Hemingways Watamu is the original property within iconic Kenyan brand, Hemingways Collection. Founded in 1988 and recently benefitting from a multi-million-pound refurbishment, this stunning coastal resort lies within the borders of the Watamu Marine National Park, a protected area of outstanding beauty where silver sands meet the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean.
Hemingways is Africa’s luxury boutique hotel collection, an award-winning portfolio offering unforgettable experiences in remarkable locations. Recent years have seen the acquisition of two new properties, along with a significant refurbishment programme, as Hemingways forges a global reputation for African luxury, while deepening its links with communities and conservation groups to ensure these experiences last for generations.
For its employees, Hemingways offers an amazing experience too:
- Skills and Development
- A team of senior leaders across the portfolio including some of the leading lights in African hospitality. This group is a perfect resource for knowledge-sharing and support.
- The brand and organisation are growing. Here you can make an impact, developing the experience which will define an African icon.
- This is a Kenyan brand, born and raised in the country. The impact you make at Hemingways is part of the story and progress of Kenya.
- Hemingways works in partnership with local communities and the Kenya Wildlife Service. At Hemingways Watamu you will be a steward of the Watamu Marine National Park. Few hotel leadership roles offer the opportunity to make this kind of impact.
- A competitive package in a beautiful setting you will remember for the rest of your life.