UNHCR’s mandated responsibility for finding solutions to refugee situations has long required stronger cooperation with development partners and the inclusion of refugees within national development programmes. Notwithstanding the Office’s efforts over many decades, the proportion of refugees and internally displaced persons in protracted displacement situations remains high.
Moreover, the diminishing number of people who have found durable solutions constitutes a worrying trend that has persisted in recent years. In addition, the increasing scale of irregular migration, large scale refugee movements, and the costs of responding to humanitarian situations have also placed forced displacement high on the global agenda.
These elements have further driven the realisation that humanitarian support alone is insufficient to lift displaced populations out of poverty, enable solutions to their situations or assist them to realise their development potential.
Within the context outlined above, the UNCHR is currently looking for passionate and experienced professionals to help them manage their initiatives throughout various locations in Africa
- Senior Development Officer in Kampala, Uganda
- Senior CRR Officer (M&E) in Kampala, Uganda
- Senior CRR Coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Senior CRR Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
- CRR Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Senior CRR Officer in Kampala, Uganda
- Senior CRR Officer (Socio-Economic) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Senior CRR Officer in Mogadishu, Somalia,
- CRR Officer in Kampala, Uganda,
- Senior Development Officer in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Senior CRR Officer in Djibouti, p4 level, French essential,
- CRR Officer in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,,
- CRR Officer in Kibondo, Tanzania,
- Senior Development Officer in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania,