Vision & Purpose
The role is expected to support the Bank’s mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by assisting in coordinating the collection, dissemination and documentation/archiving of all news worthy information relating to the Office of the President to internal and external stakeholders in a manner that is cost effective and consistent with the Bank’s image and mandate.
Nature & Scope
The role of the position holder will be to establish a process for ensuring that all newsworthy information related to the activities of the President are documented using all required tools, communicated across all relevant media channels with internal and external stakeholders as may be required and stored/archived in such a way that the records can be easily accessed when required. The jobholder functions as a key part of the Bank’s public information team, supporting relations with the media and ensuring effective communication of the Bank’s message based on the President’s activities, using such tools as press releases in print media, social media, and the Bank’s website, thought leadership articles and publications updates, client communications, and ensuring that the Bank’s brand image is always sustained.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Communication Planning: Developing a periodic communication plan eg quarterly, for the President based on the available schedule of activity to ensure that all communication and media related arrangements for activities in which the President is involved in are well planned, well executed and in line with required communication protocols.
- Capturing of Presidential Activity: Develop and implement required processes and guidelines to ensure that all the President’s activities are captured using appropriate tools including photography, text, video and audio and that the tools used for this purpose facilitate ease of transmission of the related information for ease of communication.
- Communication of Relevant Information: Prepare information about the President’s activities as captured for timely communication to relevant publics (internal and external) and media to ensure timeous publicity of major activities and events involving the President, to keep the public up to date about the President’s activities. This will include drafting and communicating instant messages on press releases for print media, taking appropriate follow-up actions to ensure appropriate publicity and analyzing outcomes to ensure that the right levels of publicity are achieved and to participate in activities to promote media coverage (press conferences, interviews, press seminars and other special activities) related to the activities of the President. This will include provide effective and timely responses to public information inquiries about the President’s activities from the media.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication tools for use in media and other communication activities; Participate in identifying communications content for dissemination to key constituencies while maintaining brand guidelines; Maintain and update media contact lists/databases; Ensure rapid and accurate information dissemination to the media; Act as a news desk officer.
- Design, and produce digital branding and marketing materials for dissemination through multiple points of presence as well as executive-quality presentations.
Design and develop digital layouts, graphics, animation, and videos to support digital media communication and engagement of the President’s activities, including through the Bank’s website.
- Design and implement Search Engine Optimization (SEO), social, search, and other related campaigns to publicise and communicate the President’s business activities.
- Documenting & Archiving: In liaison with the Knowledge Management team, ensure that all information related to the President’s activities is filed and archived as appropriate for ease of access when required.
- Writing of Memoirs: Where former Presidents are writing memoirs, the job holder is expected to support them by ensuring that they get access to the information they need in liaison with the knowledge management team.
- Build Networks: Network with journalists, other media representatives, followers, and subscribers to media networks; Develop and sustain partnerships with internal and external partners for successful development and execution of Afreximbank’s media strategy; Monitor the media, analyse information and prepare reports in order to track outreach, engagement and growth of media coverage of the Bank in so far as the President’s activities are concerned.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by Management.