Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by assisting the Bank to advocate for fair and effective trade policies market access for African exporters and promote intra-African trade.
Nature & Scope
The position holder will assist and support the Senior Manager of Trade Policy and Market Access in:
- Conceptualising, planning and implementing advocacy interventions under PAFTRAC.
- Deliberately Promote relationships with organized business across Africa.
- Promote relationships with key partners such as the AU, AfCFTA Secretariat, CoDA, SDGC etc.
- Put in place the tools and processes for efficiency at operational level.
- Developing programmes to ensure that trade and market access information is consistently gathered and disseminated to stakeholders.
- Working with relevant departments to raise the profile of the bank’s trade policy and market access activities and services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain partnerships with Member States, Regional Economic Communities, the AU, Africa’s private sector and international organizations. The aim of this being to inform trade policy and policy reform at the national, regional, continental and global level and secure fair market access for African traders.
- Advocate for trade policy reforms that support greater extra and intra-African Trade.
- Organize and coordinate private sector engagement in trade and investment policy through PAFTRAC.
- Strengthen African private sector capacities to influence trade policies and participate more effectively in trade negotiations at the bilateral, regional, and multilateral levels.
- Work to open markets for African exporters and traders through trade and market access information and advocacy.
- Support the implementation of the AfCFTA and advocate for the inclusion of Bank initiatives under the AfCFTA (e.g., PAPSS, MANSA, Adjustment Facility).
- Play an active role in trade and investment promotion activities in Africa, especially those directed towards intra-regional trade and investments.