Vision & Purpose
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by providing professional advice and support for the effective implementation and use of the Bank’s Management Information System.
Nature & Scope
The objective of the function is to provide appropriate access to and protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies/standards and business objectives of Afreximbank.
Specifically, the function aims to:
- Assist the bank in attaining its cyber and cloud security objectives through development of policies & procedures
- Maintain a consistent standard of cyber and cloud security across the bank’s entire infrastructure.
- Support delivery and execution of the services that the Bank’s provides on the cloud.
- Execute cloud security assessments and implementations.
- Support the day to day operations of IT Security and Risk Management
Duties & Responsibilities
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities are listed below:
- Design, protects and manages security services for the Bank’s global information security infrastructure.
- Perform continuous security assessment of the cloud security architecture
- Engineer and tune the cloud security solutions including but not limited to enrollments, monitoring, alerting and maintaining defined security posture.
- Implementation, development and integration of open source security solutions
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs and solutions and provide recommendations
- Stay abreast of emerging cloud technologies and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment
- Develop and expand API framework to interconnect Security Tools
- Responsible for the thorough documentations of implementations, via technical documentation and runbooks
- Apply adept understanding and experience with cloud system automation platforms and technologies
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments and on-premise environments.
- Direct and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating Cyber Security controls
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls and proactively provide recommendations and remediations