Vision & Purpose
The purpose of the role is to help the Bank achieve its mission of “stimulating a consistent expansion and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters”.
Nature & Scope
The objective is to provide professional advice and support for the effective implementation and use of the Bank’s Management Information System. A key part of the role is to protect the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee, and business information in compliance with organization policies/standards and business objectives.
Specifically, the function aims to:
- Assist the bank in attaining its cyber and cloud security objectives through development of policies & procedures
- Maintain a consistent standard of cyber and cloud security across the bank’s entire infrastructure.
- Support delivery and execution of the services that the Bank’s provides on the cloud.
- Execute cloud security assessments and implementations.
- Support the day-to-day operations of IT Security and Risk Management.
Duties & Responsibilities
The core tasks, duties, and responsibilities are listed below:
- Design, protect and manage security services for the Bank’s global information security infrastructure.
- Perform continuous security assessment of the cloud security architecture.
- Engineer and fine tune the cloud security solutions including but not limited to enrolments, monitoring, alerting, and maintaining defined security posture.
- Implementation, development, and integration of open-source security solutions.
- Engage in technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization’s security policies and standards for use in cloud environments and on-premises environments.
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams.
- Responsible for automating security controls, data, and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support.
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls and proactively provide recommendations and remediations