Vision & Purpose
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” by providing professional advice and support for the effective implementation and use of the Bank’s Management Information System.
Nature & Scope
The role of the position holder will be to provide functional support and configuration management of the Bank’s Core Banking application in line with business Service Level Agreements (SLA). The responsibilities of the role also include facilitating seamless integration with other interdependent software applications, business analysis and requirements gathering, application testing, report development, training of end users and management of service level agreements with application vendors
Duties & Responsibilities
- Functional support of the Core Banking system and interdependent interfaces
- Configuration, patches, update, and upgrade management of the Core Banking system
- Manage and support integration of the Core Banking system with other interconnected applications
- Provide business analysis and requirements gathering support for end-users
- Draft and Implement the IT Disaster Recovery Plan in collaboration with the IT team. Ensure that Core Banking Application, tools, and data are available on the disaster recovery site at any time required.
- Document any necessary procedure related to Core Banking application for reference.
- Anticipates Core Banking application problems and implement preventive measures.
- Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize Core Banking application availability
- Develop management information reports and dashboard using business objects, crystal report and other applicable tools.
- Design and manage data warehouse applications and tools
- Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with application service providers
- Actively manage the timely resolution of outstanding defects or issues impacting the business
- Support the preparation of key presentations, strategy documentation and other documents
- Handle and implement requests for application customizations
- Provide end-user training
- Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test, and implement solutions
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.