The candidate will be expected to play key roles in the origination, development and management of our client’s investment activities.
The focus areas are: Market research, technical writing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, marketing, communication, marketing and communication performance evaluation and reporting.
The candidate must be able to support the marketing, communication, investment, investor relations deal teams throughout the deal cycle from origination to financial close and commercial operations.
The candidate will possess a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of; business and current affairs. A keen networker and ambassador with a track record of supporting a team to deliver corporate, crisis and/or marketing communication across our clients’s core business sectors.
An understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media. A demonstrable ability and desire to support business development by developing and implementing marketing/communication initiatives and campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide knowledge of our client’s mission, operations and impacts to stakeholders: Tier 1 International media, prospective investors, clients – project sponsors, governments; potential business partners – DFIs, other financial institutions, legal firms, consultants; governments; opinion formers – regulators, business community, academia, advocates.
- Raise awareness of our client’s Brand pan-African interests and development across Africa. Position our client’s Brand as a leader in the financing of the
- Infrastructure asset class. Maintain current media, stakeholder and marketing databases.
- Provide intelligence about 3rd party opinions of our client within different country governments and amongst other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the corporation’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished.
- Research institutional investor and infrastructure information; examine economic trends, analyze financial and industry data to provide a sound basis for marketing and communication decisions across target countries, sectors, companies and projects.
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral for the Corporation. Deliver an integrated and comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy and programme across Africa and globally. Prepare detailed presentation materials for delivery to potential local and international Tier I media, including media kits, project factsheets, digital marketing proposals and various bidding materials as required to create business development opportunities for the Corporation
- Draft thought leadership articles, conference papers, speeches for publication, press briefings and other related external communications.
- Digital marketing – Prepare content for all digital communication assets/channels. A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media.
- Prepare monthly management reports.
- Public Relations – Execute industry specific public relations and social media programs including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and the our client’s Blog.
- Proactively build media and branding relationships. Facilitate media briefings alongside our client’s PR and marketing agencies.
- Assist in all aspects of the Corporation’s local and global external relations activities, including handling of government and regulatory bodies, media publications, interviews, queries and press conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer.