KRA 1: Corporate Strategy:
- Develop strategy to grow market share in diagnostics, radiology, medical devices, medical/surgical consumables and pharmaceuticals across the group;
- Understand market opportunities and potential in Pyramid Group markets
- Develop new market initiatives, including market readiness, assess competitive landscape, conduct market research and analyse business opportunities for group operations;
- Lead the execution of competitive strategies and generate competitive intelligence for the group;
- Lead and assist with the creation of all phases of a business case (market analysis, strategic fit, financial models, marketing plans, and integration plans) and the implementation of the business case in collaboration with internal & external stakeholders;
- Participate in regular long-term strategic review and planning for business;
KRA 2: Funders tracking and solutions planning
- Develop comprehensive solutions to deliver the funders model
- Create a mapping of Funders business in Pyramid Group key markets
- Work with country teams to develop and maintain pipeline of top funders healthcare projects and prospective projects in Company’s scope, including donors and DFIs;
- Coordinate with local tendering teams for submission of applications for such large funded projects;
- Manage relationships with senior leadership of current and prospective funders.
- Deliver key measures of Funders project including revenue and impact
KRA 3: Due Diligence:
- As manager responsible for acquisition and growth activities, develop and participate in investigations, evaluations, negotiations, due diligence, and integration in accordance with group objectives and plans;
- Manage due diligence for company expansion into new territories
KRA 4: Financial Analysis:
- The Business Development Director will develop the financial models that support the assessment and underlying valuation of investment/acquisition opportunities.
- The Business Development Director will collaborate directly with both Finance and with Pyramid’s Management Team to develop metric-driven models and forecasts that inform new investments by the group.
KRA 5: Integration:
- Work with management team to implement corporate and business level strategies that have been approved by the board across each business unit as needed;
- Collaborate and coordinate with managers in the development and execution of key growth initiatives that cut across the countries in the group
- To develop solutions that are working in some countries and duplicating the same to the other countries;
- Support Chief Financial Officer on creating margin-enhancement and cost-cutting strategies on an as-needed basis.
KRA 6: Board and Corporate Strategy presentations:
- The Business Development Director will assist with the development of corporate strategy presentations, board-meeting dossiers, and other special projects.
KRA 7: Supervision of tender specialist:
- Supervise the activities of the tender specialists within the group and ensure all tenders are submitted on time
KRA 8 : Compliance
- Ensure adherence to all company policies
This position reports directly to the Global VP of Business/Sales.
This position does not currently have any direct reports at the global level, but some country-level staff may have a dotted reporting line to the Director, to ensure aligned incentives and successful, globally coordinated implementation.