Hemingways Collection, Kenya’s finest luxury hotel portfolio and hospitality brand, is looking for a dynamic sales and marketing professional to join their team as Business Development Manager.
Reporting to the Group CEO, the Business Development Manager will be a senior member of the Group management team and will be responsible for driving the sales, marketing, and business development strategy of Hemingways Collection. He/she must be a brand ambassador for Hemingways Collection and act with the highest levels of integrity and professionalism to drive sustainable business growth and stakeholder value.
Working in partnership with Executive Directors, Hotel Managers and overseas Sales Representatives, the BD Manager has responsibility for the Sales, Marketing and Reservations teams within the Hemingways Collection.
- Develop and execute growth strategies and plans to expand client relationships and drive revenue from diverse source markets and customer segments – international, domestic, leisure, corporate.
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients (tour operators, DMCs, travel agents, direct clients) in the travel and tourism trade both domestically and internationally.
- Develop rate and pricing strategies across Hemingways Collection.
- Manage strategic partnerships and affiliations with international hospitality brands and networks e.g., Small Luxury Hotels, Virtuoso, AMEX FHR.
- Proactively identify market trends and demand patterns in hospitality and travel to ensure strategic alignment.
- Lead the digitization of sales and marketing processes to maximise efficiency.
- Represent Hemingways Collection at major international travel and tourism events e.g., PURE, We Are Africa, ILTM
- Manage contracting and related negotiations with key customers.
- Manage marketing strategies for the Hemingways Collection properties and contribute to marketing efforts to promote the wider Hemingways brand.
- Contribute effectively to the preparation of annual operating budgets and forecasts for corporate submission and approvals.
- Analyse Review Pro GRI reports, competitive shopping reports and other resources to maintain an awareness of the properties’ market position.
- Contribute pro-actively to the Group’s sustainability and impact goals
- Recruit and develop Business Development and Sales and Marketing talent who demonstrate strong functional expertise, innovation, and entrepreneurial leadership skills to meet the business needs of the Collection.
- Sets smart goals and objectives for direct reports.
- Promote employee engagement to deliver excellence.