********This role has now been filled
As Sparkle scales its presence in Nigeria, the Business Development Manager will assist in planning and implementing the pursuit of strategic opportunities for both our retail and business solutions. The ideal candidate is a hunter; strategically examining market needs, exploring customer segments, and thriving in customer dialogue and pitch presentations. They live and breathe sales and business development. They don’t wait for leads and opportunities to come to them – they proactively go out and secure them! While they respect inbound, for them it’s all about outbound – it’s what they love! They are amazing at building out pipelines, especially adept at filling the top of the funnel with leads, moving those leads down the funnels, identifying and developing relationships, and then converting these relationships into Partners. While also working on projects that are intricate, wide-ranging, and require a deeply innovative, and forward-thinking mindset.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Partnerships & Business Development
- Analyse and examine the competitive landscape and customer needs to effectively position Sparkle as the preferred financial and lifestyle solution to individuals and MSMEs.
- Customer P&L ownership and responsibility: Achieve Net Revenue, Gross Margin, 4P targets (Product, Placement, Price & Promotion) & Net Working Capital targets for the accounts.
- Manage existing channel partner portfolio and find new revenue generating opportunities with key customers (including increasing listings, points of distribution, new products, price increases, etc.)
- Leveraging data, assist in the setup of strategic partnerships by identifying, attracting, and qualifying emerging business opportunities in financial and lifestyle markets
- Work in partnership with various financial and lifestyle brands to develop new products or to create a tailored product mix to meet the diverse needs of the Sparkle Tribe.
- Represent Sparkle at various conferences and networking events to support customer acquisition initiatives.
Sparkle Tribe Management
- Strong relationship skills within Sparkle, which includes building relationships with relevant decision makers and influencers and enabling effective two-way flow of information and resolution of issues
- Collect feedback from identified customers or customer segments to ensure their needs are met, providing themes, summary analyses, and recommendations for changes based on customer input.
- Suggest new products, services, and technology, and recommend changes to existing ones to meet our clients’ changing needs with a focus on client retention.