The Business Intelligence (BI) Developer produces financial and market intelligence to aid in business decision making through the development of reporting systems. The BI Developer builds and maintains a data warehouse design to generate reports on financial and market intelligence to aid in business performance monitoring and business decision making.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzing product, market, and share trends to build warehouse data.
- Translating business needs into technical specifications.
- Developing reporting systems that provide accessible information for decision-making.
- Using warehouse data to generate reports to support business decision-making and business performance monitoring.
- Maintaining data analytics platforms.
- Evaluating and improving existing BI systems.
- Conducting troubleshooting on BI models.
- Generating and delivering quality reports to customers and performing quality assurance checks on reports.
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Familiarity with BI technologies (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, Oracle BI)
- Create outstanding code in all tiers: user interface, business logic, data access, and database