Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Financial Planning & Budgeting
- Develop finance strategies; lead budgeting and forecasting; support strategic and business planning and possible expansion.
- Develop financial business cases for proposed investments
- Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks.
- Manage budgetary processes to ensure all budgets adequately reflect periodic resource requirements and revenue estimates for the business.
- Ensure surplus funds are properly invested
- Liaise with external financial services organizations, and investors as may be required, to ensure the business remains adequately funded in terms of Debt, Equity and Working Capital requirements.
- Develop long-range financial plans to support organizational objectives and decision-making
- Ensure all capital and operating expenditure are within budget and in line with relevant approvals
- Manage the budget, monitor budget implementation, highlight deviations and recommend appropriate interventions
- Keep abreast of changes in the industry, financial regulations and legislation; ascertain implications for the business and advice management accordingly
- Manage organizational cashflow and optimize financial resources
- Regularly monitor company’s cash flow position to anticipate and provide operational liquidity requirements
- Identify and deploy cost saving initiatives. Develop and implement cost control/ management strategies and system to ensure optimal utilisation of available financial resources
- Assist with resource prioritization and allocation
- Monitor and manage financial and related risks
- Provide and interpret financial information for practical application, to guide operations across departments and the organization
- Oversee and advice management on investment activities; provide advice/recommendations relating to financial and tax considerations of investments, as well as other business transactions.
- Oversee credit and treasury management activities, or collaborate with responsible officers where applicable
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with banks and other financial institutions and tax institutions
- Prepare winning presentations and proposals to investors/financiers for debt/equity capital raising efforts
- Conduct financial analysis and risk assessment on existing investments and project proposals, including building and interpreting financial models
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Establish and maintain corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues, as well as procedures to drive efficient, accurate closing and reporting
- Manage the company’s accounting systems and procedures, and ensure they are up-to-date and in compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements; review and ensure accuracy of accounting records; ensure timely and accurate financial reporting
- Facilitate and coordinate the preparation of year end closing and financial statements
- Review monthly accounting close process; conduct analytical review of the monthly operating results
- Co-ordinate the periodic financial performance monitoring and reporting activities of the Company.
- Provide monthly and other periodic financial results including various analysis, highlighting financial and operating KPI performance versus target
- Review monthly financial statements and other informational reports.
- Participate in Board and Annual General Meetings as required; prepare management and other relevant reports for these meetings
- Supervise the upkeep and management of company’s fixed assets and stock inventory
- Ensure ample and proper documentation of all financial information and documents by maintaining an orderly and easy retrieval filing system
- Maintain a robust system of accounting controls
- Develop strategies to defer, minimize the company’s tax liability within the confines of the laws
- Monitor and ensure complete and accurate tax accounting and compliance
- Advice and ensure that the company complies with periodic tax payment, information reporting, and other statutory and regulatory tax requirements
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities and negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues.#
- Ensure all departments comply with all relevant tax laws: PAYE, VAT, WHT, CGT etc.