Focus on the establishment and optimization of day-to-day operations in the Group. Lead a team comprised of Country Managers, Operations Managers, supervisors and associates to ensure best in class customer service is delivered on a daily basis.
This position is in Nairobi, Kenya and will require up to 50% of travel both regionally and internationally.
KRA 1: Operational Efficiency & Effectiveness
- Set operational and / or performance goals for each country;
- Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring daily operations are effective and productive;
- Oversee legal activities are conducted as per set policies and procedures: client contracts, partnership agreements, leases, etc.;
- Monitor and develop staffing plans to ensure proper staffing levels — manages labour costs, overtime and retention;
- Oversee implementation of professional training and development, including new employee orientation;
- Monitor the inventory management process;
- Streamline the logistics process and fleet management within the Group to ensure on time and accurate deliveries to customers;
- Ensure all departments are fully informed of operational objectives;
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear;
- Monitor departmental performance against performance goals;
KRA 2: Policies and Procedures
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures to facilitate execution of the Operational and Environmental, Health and Safety Management Plans;
- Develop plan for implementing new business processes to support measurement of business performance and progress;
- Support departmental teams under direct report to develop work plans to enable them achieve set business goals.
KRA 3: Facilities Management
- Oversee the implementation of the group operating model which includes; Environmental Health & Safety; security management, facilities management for all the subsidiaries;
- Direct and coordinate construction/repairs and maintenance activities to ensure the facilities deliver business & customer value, for agreed scope, on schedule, within budget, and at a defined quality level including managing issues, decisions & risks, and escalation to management as needed;
- Manage all facets of the service delivery model including but not limited to, day to day facility operations, strategic facility planning, compliance, facility & equipment maintenance and purchases, all soft services, security, IT services, and EH&S. This is accomplished through applying proven leadership abilities, experience, and knowledge while strictly adhering to regulatory/compliance procedures and requirements.
KRA 4: Stakeholder Management
- Provide clear direction for service providers on expectations, develop and implement clear & achievable service levels with remediation and escalation procedures for disputes and oversee all contractor delivered programs to ensure adherence to group standards and policies;
- Continuously solicit stakeholder feedback on the program and appropriately leverage the feedback to establish goals, direction, and a vision to improve or expand the program with a focus on cost savings and scalability;
- Serve as a liaison and build meaningful relationships with; sales teams, customer service, transportation, facilities, finance, audit teams, corporate quality and other teams;
- Facilitate resolution of issues between departments.
KRA 5: Budgeting and financial management
- Work in partnership with the management team and board of directors to create annual and strategic plans (short and long term);
- Accountable for developing and managing the operational expense budget, driving cost reductions, cost efficiencies, and optimized contractor management;
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall Group objectives;
- Plan, develop and manage budgets, P&L for facility, and be responsible for long-range planning, cost saving initiatives, succession planning and overall warehouse oversight;
- Manage and direct departments to meet their budget targets and financial goals.
KRA 6: Risk management
- Implementation of the Corporate Risk Mitigation Plan, which includes the coordination of periodic business audits and follow-up plans for corrective action and continuous improvement;
- Manage emergency response to situations and liaise with external stakeholders such as fire and police departments, insurance and regulatory agencies, etc.
- Ensure quality control of all subsidiaries output as pertains to customer acquisition and delivery of services;
- Assess the principal risks for the Group and to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed;
- Ensure that processes and systems are in place and updated in order to mitigate operational, financial, legal and reputational risks;