Education/Business Degree: Property/Real Estate related degree or post graduate degree required as a minimum.
Work Experience: At least 10 years prior work experience in commercial and/or telecoms surveying with at least 5 years with managerial responsibilities.
Industry/Certifications: Such as: MRICS – Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors; SACPVP – South African Council for the Property Valuers Profession and SAIBPP membership preferred.
- Site Acquisition
- Site Permitting
- Community Consultation
- Property Management
- Contract Management
- Landlord Management
- Lease renewal / Rent Review
- Office/Warehouse estate/Facilities management
- People Management
- Sustainability and Environmental Issues
- People Development
- Effective Communication
- Building and supporting teams
- Driving results
Holding people accountable
- Problem solver
- Culture and change champion
- Compelling communication
- Stakeholder relations management
- Process management
- Team building and collaboration
- Takes initiative
- Works independently
- Manages time
- Definition, implementation, oversight, reporting and governance of land acquisition processes for new sites incorporating the requirements of key investors such as the IFC. (Environmental, Indigenous Peoples, Cultural Heritage, Flora and Fauna etc)
- Commercial governance of rental payments and strategy, ensuring rents or land purchases are at market appropriate levels
- Oversight and governance related to the transfer of physical assets on closing following M&A activities.
- Oversight, reporting and governance of permitting activities required prior to new site construction and of subsequent renewals
- Management and accountability, reporting and governance of all lease renewals and rental payments, ensuring coordination between commercial, finance and property teams
- Responsible for the coordination, oversight and reporting of all community engagement activates prior to, during and post site construction.
- Community / landlord issues to be centrally monitored
- Centralised governance and coordination of Notices to Quit, ensuring mitigation activities are delivered ensuring service continuity.
- Responsible for the facilities management of Helios Towers offices, including office set up and design, office moves, branding initiatives, health & safety and maintenance
- Responsible for the management of all insurance policies and property related claims in all markets
- Responsible for lease negotiation of Helios Towers’ offices, warehouses and other facilities
Key Performance Indicators
- Value created by optimizing business projects and reducing costs
- Value created from improving processes enabling quicker delivery
- Value created & cost-effectiveness achieved by process optimization, new initiatives and improved operations/ways of work etc.
- Value created from improved Stakeholder Engagements
- Value created through demonstrating the HT Values and sustaining an engaged workforce
HT policies and procedures
Internal Stakeholders: Interaction and Relationship
Director of Sustainability & Organizational Development
General Counsel and Company Secretary
Site Acquisition teams in each market
Heads of Legal in each market
Group Sales and Commercial
Group Supply Chain
External Stakeholders: Interaction and Relationship
PLC Board Members