Purpose of the Role
To provide strategic leadership & direction in delivery of the commercialisation of Innovation pipeline, Brand Change or Cost Optimisation programme. The role will be responsible for providing Technical Supply expertise leadership to ensure consistent approach to deliver outstanding products & packs, which delight consumers at the right margins needed to beat competition.
Summary of Role
- Responsible of the C2C (Concept to Commercialization) at Supply level
- Responsible of the D4Q (Design 4 Quality) to maximize the success of any change project the design must allow the quality expectations of customers to be met.
- Describe & Own the delivery of the key steps required to get a winning concept pack & liquid and give confidence that those can be commercialized technically and within the required financial scope
- Understand SPIRITS & Flavour and character development using Congeners.
- Understand packaging Technical Specifications: implications and how to achieve. (primary & secondary pack, labelling, closure)
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
The Head of Technical Supply Innovation handles:
- The end-to-end cross functional oversight and delivery of Innovation, Brand Change and Supply Optimization programs.
- Supply Optimisation programmes from Concept to Launch including post launch review.
- Ensuring the team has the maximum support and guidance in the Design 4 Quality process to design suitable as well as component, pack, and line testing requirements.
- Identification of significant risks and their mitigations at the early-stage process therefore providing due diligence to ensure consumer safety and protection as well as quality.
- Delivering a variety of programs at any one time with varying degrees of complexity, on time, in full, on budget and achieving the KPI’s which connect directly to COGS.
- Understanding of Spirits, flavour, various raw materials, and mode of improvement
- Understanding spirits quality assurance & quality control as well as flavour assessment
- Providing Supply input & commercial grounding during project development phases, driving resolution of commercialization hurdles that may arise and managing regular project communications key stakeholders.
- Utilization advanced Project Management skills to ensure best technical practices are used.