******This role has now been filled
Nature & Scope
The successful candidate will participate in drawing up annual business development plans, developing pipeline of viable projects with a focus on transactions that promote Intra-African Trade, Industrialization and Export Development activities. The candidate will work alongside the Client Relations teams to implement these plans with support from the Head of Project Preparation.
The selected candidate will focus on developing high-quality development projects with a focus on Francophone countries. Proficient working knowledge of French is mandatory.
Duties & Responsibilities
Identify and assess project development and investment opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities through proactive origination/business development and developing and employing sector/country knowledge with a focus on Francophone countries.
- Lead project development initiatives, which includes the development of prefeasibility and feasibility studies, design of new business models, bankability assessment and implementation plans for development projects that lead to investments.
- Conduct sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Design and implement scalable solutions and platforms that can be replicated across markets.
- Spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to member countries.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and form partnerships with staff across the organisation, sponsors, clients and other external parties to enable delivery of projects.
- Work with the Head of Project Preparation to mobilize third-party capital.