Duties/Main Purpose of the Position
The Property Manager will be responsible for recruitment, management and development of the Site Acquisition (SAQ) and Estate Management teams. The Property Manager will develop and implement local property strategies that align with Group requirements, ensuring that all targets set are achieved within agreed timelines. The individual will provide effective management of the built estate through a combination of both in-house and outsourced resources.
Staff Leadership and Management
- Ability to work in a team
- Responsible for self-study and development
- Ensuring excellent co-ordination with operations
- Taking responsibility for meeting and prioritising personal objectives/deadlines
- Supplying information to line management concerning personal achievements, personal/team challenges
- Managing team meetings and contributing to specialist/technical fields, if necessary
Ad Hoc and Operational Meetings
- Working towards achieving the operational objectives that have a significant impact on the departmental results
- Setting up and managing ad hoc meetings to meet daily operational requirements when necessary
- Resolving situations when managerial input is required in accordance with the problem-solving procedures laid down
- Ability to escalate in time matters requiring Management inputs
Improving productivity and quality by implementing best practice initiatives
- Supplying information to Management (if applicable) with regard to the progress achieved within the department based on the assessment criteria laid down by the organisation
- Ensuring all ground lease data and supporting documents are loaded on the system effectively
- Supervise and manage the SAQ and Estate Management team.
- Ensure that set SAQ targets are achieved within agreed timelines.
- Supervise the activities of SAQ staff and contractors/vendors engaged by the company on all site acquisition/collocation activities. Negotiate rents to be paid to landlords within appropriate market levels and limits approved by Head of Legal/Property.
- Perform rental and escalation bench marking for the market
- Process for payment on timely basis all rent payments to landlords.
- Liaise with sales and marketing/operations teams and other operators regarding site acquisition/collocation and site related activities.
- Ensure internal and external customer satisfaction for all services.
- Ensure all relevant permits are obtained from permitting agencies (Municipal/Local Assemblies, GCAA, EPA etc) regarding site acquisitions and erection/renewal of constructions.
- Oversight, reporting and governance of permitting activities required prior to new site construction and of subsequent renewals
- Be conversant with all legal requirements on site acquisitions/collocations and construction/erection of buildings.
- Prepare and keep up to date data/documentation on all site acquisitions/collocations, novation, rents, particulars on leases/licenses, landlords.
- Prepare and file weekly reports on activities of SAQ team and updates on novation.
- Maintain cordial relations with landlords and report on any issues not settled with landlords that need to be escalated for resolution.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensuring compliance with processes, policies and procedures
- Providing evidence of our client’s values
- Value created by stakeholder commitment
- Value created by process improvement