*****THIS ROLE HAS BEEN FILLED: APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED****
The candidate will be expected to build relationships and support origination efforts in the development and management of the full spectrum of AFC’s investment within the Power Sector (conventional generation, renewable energy,distribution) infrastructure sector, across Africa and across asset classes (project development, equity, debt and trade finance).
- Support origination and management of new clients and opportunities within the power asset finance sector, across Africa. There will be a focus on renewable energy transactions, and geographically francophone and North African countries.
- Pitch, structure, negotiate, market, execute and close transactions in project development, equity,debt and trade finance sectors.
- Assist in client coverage and management of key accounts.
- Support management of transaction processes from origination to closing, including engagement with technical and financial advisors in the analysis for such transactions.
- Work with other team members in Investments and colleagues across the organization to process the administration of each transaction as it goes through the approval process.
- Develop/Review and investigate key aspects of financial models (including financial analysis, pricing, valuation, capital, and other business decision making models) to evaluate the financial viability oftransactions.
- Support executing tasks encompassing technical review of infrastructure projects.
- Develop presentations and proposals (including “pitch books”) to clients for debt/equity transactions
- Prepare transactions documents (engagement letters, proposals, presentations, Information Memorandums, term sheets, valuations etc.) for transactions being contemplated by AFC
- Undertake research and analysis, including on prospective clients and companies, to identify financial trends and issues to provide a sound basis for investment decisions
- Conduct financial analysis and risk assessment on project proposals, including developing andinterpreting financial models
- Participate in deal meetings as well as help maintain client relationships
- Conduct due diligence on prospective clients
Key Performance Indicators
- Quality of Investment Memorandums
- Management of client relationships
- Research work on sector activity and trends
- Execution of assignments