Vision & Purpose
The role is supposed to help the Bank to achieve its mission “stimulating a consistent expansion of and diversification of African trade so as to rapidly increase Africa’s share of global trade, while operating as a first class, profit oriented, socially responsible financial institution and a centre of excellence in African trade matters” through providing required design, support and implementation of organizational effectiveness interventions for staff across all the Bank’s locations.
Nature & Scope
Define and implement organizational effectiveness initiatives including organizational design and development, change management, talent management and leadership development which are aligned with and facilitate the delivery of Afreximbank’s Strategic Plan.
Provide specialist expertise to the organization in the development of organisational culture, performance management, leadership, employee engagement and all aspects of organisational change and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management and Leadership Upskilling: Design and put in place the interventions required to ensure that the Bank has Management and leadership who are equipped with all the tools to effectively perform their leadership responsibilities. Initiatives include: The Afreximbank Leadership Development Programme and Coaching for Leaders Programme.
- Change management Support: Provide Change management expertise and leadership on key projects and ensure change activities have fit for purpose communication and staff engagement plans and are appropriately monitored against delivery objectives.
- Organisation Design Support: Provide advisory support to organisation design related initiatives to ensure that the Bank’s organisation structure is well suited to driving the achievement of its strategic objectives.
- Talent & Career Management Support; Work with the Learning and Performance team to manage the annual talent review process in alignment with the Bank’s talent development framework and provide support to staff through the employee life cycle to help them otpimise productivity and wellness.
- Organisational Behaviour Support: Provide support to the implementation of required frameworks for the Bank’s values as well as activities that facilitate the display of desired behaviour by staff in their day-to-day activities eg values and behaviours including personal coaching services. Embed the Afreximbank Values throughout the Employee Life Cycle.
- Team Effectiveness: Supporting the implementation of team bonding and team building activities that enhance and generating required intra team cohesion, cross team collaboration, and enhanced team performance across the Bank’s value chain
- Staff wellness Support (physical and mental): Keep a pulse on Organisational wellness through various tools including surveys, and employee feedback to develop appropriate Wellness initiatives. This may include developing tools and guidance to enhance “ways of working”, employee well-being and productivity programmes, and other positive psychology interventions.
- Business Partnership Oversight (for Business Partners sitting in the OOTP and EVP Complexes): As Line Manager for OREF Business Partners, develop and lead the team, skills and processes required to drive and support required organisation effectiveness under the various organisational functions. This would include support and collaboration with staff, business’s leaders and executives, to understand and support the specific needs within the Executive complexes while aligning to the overall Afreximbank strategy.
- Internal Communications Oversight- Act as the HURE department’s champion for internal communication to ensure that all messaging from HURE across all communication channels reflects the required levels of positive psychology, aligns to the agreed brand guidelines. This includes working closely with the Communication and Events department to plan and manage the Bank’s Annual Communication and Engagement Plan including the branding and messaging for all HR events.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.