To provide HR solutions to a portfolio of business units and be the principle point of contact for Staff at Head Office for HR related issues.
- Liaise with business to ensure vacancies are filled within 30 days after being sanctioned.
- Improve recruitment efficiencies, at least 90% of key position to be filled by staff identified as potentials.
- Monitor all probation for new staff and ensure timely confirmation / termination
- Manage exit process according to the Exit policy.
- Ensure quality PD plans are in place for staff as per PD calendar
- Ensure accurate H/Q ratings are submitted on time to Performance Management unit on time.
- Ensure actions from PD discussions are escalated to Senior HR Business Partner and followed upon
- Monitoring and follow ups on the progress of those employees that do not meet performance standards have PIP’s and ensure successful close up.
- Ensure effective implementation of the training framework for the supported units
- Support the implementation of development plans for key staff.
- Improve HR efficacy by assisting Line Managers and their teams in demonstrating NMB Values.
- Actively work on improving Employee Engagement by working closely with line managers and EOS Champions.
- Monitor EOS Action Plans on monthly basis and ensure 90% participation in the survey.
- Ensure that all controls and risk measures are observed and properly documented for records.
- Ensure all people risks are well managed across the business units regarding HR Compliance related matters.
- Develop a trusting and mutual respect relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure good employee relations through effective relations and the relationship with all stakeholders, including staff representatives.
- Identify potential conflict situations and minimize the implications.
- Focus on good employee relations and best practices.
- Provide mentorship, coaching and counseling to all employees.
- Ensure involvement in the development of yearly HR performance standards and efficiencies to which all programs need to be aligned.
- Identify ideas to increase motivation and productivity.
- Develop a strong sense of co-operation and team work amongst teams.
- Initiative disciplinary procedures where necessary.
- Excellent Oral and Writing skills.
- Excellent Presentation skills.
- Good Understanding of Reward and Benefits methodologies.
- Ability to handle fairly complex HR projects independently.
- Change management skills.
- Managing relationships.
- 4-5 Years’ Experience including HR Business Partnering.
- 2 years’ experience in banking or financial institutions is a pre-requisite for this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Social Science or any other related field.
- HR Certification is an added advantage for this role.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.