To assist the Head of Risk in driving the bank’s overall fraud prevention and investigation efforts. To ensure that all fraud-related occurrences within the bank are quickly and thoroughly investigated and resolved and reported in the appropriate Management committees and forums e.g. Fraud Anti-Roundtable committee.
- Develop comprehensive practical programs for proactive and reactive fraud investigations, and creating fraud risk awareness within the bank.
- Ensure that cases are investigated within approved time limits and that all fraud reports are accurate and technically sound. Review and approval of the purpose, scope and approach for each fraud investigation project. Direct fraud investigations to ensure that professional standards are maintained in planning and accumulating evidence.
- Determine areas of risk and appraise their significance in relation to operational factors. Advise management of what remedial measures are necessary to address identified loopholes.
- Assist Head of Risk with all administrative aspects of the fraud office, including handling vacation roster, sick leave and disciplinary/tardiness issues, assignment of fraud cases and counsel fraud officers to ensure that the approved objectives are met and adequate coverage is achieved.
- Report to Head of Risk on a biweekly basis (or otherwise on a more frequent basis if required by Head of Risk) about latest fraud-related trends and case facts for fraud committed across all NMB banking platforms (NMB Mobile, ATM, branches etc.) and maintain accurate database and records of all cases handled and investigated, as well as all legal matters pending in court involving criminal activities against the bank
- Working knowledge of criminal and civil laws, Good computer literacy and English and Kiswahili
- Experience of working in the banking industry for a minimum of 2+ years will be considered as an added advantage.
- A contact network within the Police Force will be considered to be an added plus, as will actual working experience within law enforcement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Law/ Social Sciences, Audit related certifications e.g. CISA will be considered as an added plus, Certified Fraud Examiner C.F.E. certification will be considered to be a requirement.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.