Managing and maintaining the Banks physical assets, real estate property and Management of stores, transport, Office Management Support, security and Mailing services for all bank Operations.
- Develops the Properties and facilities departmental budget, goals and objectives.
- Develop departmental policies.
- Prepares and presents reports on the state of NMB infrastructure and facilities to management
- Supervises and Manages the Property and facility departments.
- Ensure that the bank’s property is well managed and kept in good condition.
- Ensure that all properties and facilities at NMB Head Office are well managed and are in excellent condition.
- In conjunction with procurement, Supervises and coordinates acquisition, delivery and maintenance of all furniture and office equipment excluding ICT equipment at NMB branches.
- Oversees that there is adequate security at HO and the branches in conjunction with the Risk and compliance department.
- Responsible for the management of installation of adequate security equipment in accordance with the banks policy as well as BOT’s minimum security regulations.
- Chair and manage departmental meetings as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain correct structures to control and monitor the initiation progress of all PROPERTY RELATED projects.
- Manage all property related projects risks and issues.
- Manage and supervise all property related project life cycles.
- Lead all property related project teams, give guidance where necessary.
- Manage transport, mailing, stores and ensure excellent services are attained.
- Manage and oversee the maintenance of all NMB real estate property and facilities.
- Ensure staff understand the context of their role
- Undertake performance management of departmental staff including contracting, reviewing and appraising performance
- Identify, assess and monitor the training and development needs of the staff
- Ensure staff have the resources they require to perform their work
- Assess and report on the levels of staff morale
- Create resource plans and manage recruitment of staff ; contractors and external consultants
- Desire business requirements to meet NMB’s strategic objectives, for related projects
- Define scope of all projects, and agree structure and deliverables
- Prepare detailed project responsibilities
- Knowledge of postal and federal policies, statutes, procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
- Knowledge of budgetary procedures, fiscal projections and cost analysis
- An additional MBA is an advantage must be computer literate in standard computer applications with good computer spread sheet skills.
- Must be able to read buildings and interpret architectural and engineer drawings and measurement.
- Must be PRINCE2 certified (PROJECTS IN CONTROLLED ENVIRONMENTS) or a Certified Project Management Professional(PMP)
- Exhibit a high level of observation skills in dealing with assets
- Must have an experience of not less than 5 years at a managerial level facility and properties Management.
- Holder of Advanced Diploma or University Degree in engineering or equivalent qualification in architecture, land management and valuation Building Economics or Facility management.
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.