To lead the ICT day to day Operations and implementation of bank-wide ICT strategic objectives in line with overall bank business strategy.
Establish a sound ICT operation with administrative processes, procedures and disciplines that support NMB with key capabilities to stay sustainably profitable.
Accountable for ICT systems, Processes, Risk, Security and people objectives deliverables to all stakeholders
- Accountable for ICT roadmap of NMB and ensure alignment and in support of the bank-wide strategy and business objectives
- Work with subordinates in the team to achieve excellent business results through continuous people development and mentoring activities
- Accountable for the performance of core technologies in NMB including but not limited to Enterprise systems, Infrastructure, Applications, Services delivery, Communications/Telecommunication networks and enterprise systems architecture.
- Accountable for the ICT risk management, ensure the Risk and controls policies and frameworks are implemented in line with the risk appetite of the bank
- Define the implementation plan of policies by translating policy statements and concepts into action-able requirements and assigning roles and responsibilities amongst staff
- Engage staff in policies implementation by communicating expectations, providing coaching and support
- Monitor compliance to all policies requirements and advise management of any gaps by conducting periodic reviews
- Coordinate the closure of policies and controls gaps identified by audit, self-review, etc. by engaging management to define, agree and monitor progress
- Ensure the effective quantification of all Technology risks by maintaining a framework for financial quantification and applying it across the risk incident reporting
- Ensure the effective communication of Risk profile to all NMB risk forums by preparing the relevant reports as per NMB standards
- Review and ensure necessary security, availability, change management controls are built in all projects, review all systems related project before implementation to verify that all necessary standards controls are in place
- Coordinate the efforts of the different operational areas to ensure minimal duplication of efforts, maximum efficiency and to maximize value for money
- Balance resources between different areas e.g. reallocating headcount and budgets, but within overall approved resources for the year.
- Agree targets and take accountability for the overall achievement of performance objectives in the business area in terms of employee satisfaction, customer experience, cost performance, return on investments, risk, compliance and governance requirements
- Contribute to the development of business unit strategy for the next 3-5 years by providing a view on potential improvements for products or services and an assessment of the existing situation and anticipated changes in the external environment.
- Manage departmental budgets including recommending invoices for payments and quotes within mandate.
- Provide clear direction to team members on the strategic plan and key focus areas and ensure their understanding and buy-in.
- Analyze effectiveness of processes and systems in use in the department and make recommendations for improvements.
- Benchmark productivity of the department against industry standards and create measures to improve productivity
- Review performance against balanced scorecard components as prescribed by the Executive, discuss gaps and agree action plans to close gaps.
- Agreed and manage service offerings and SLAs with internal customers (agree annually and measure on a monthly basis).
- Do pre-planning for Audits by identifying potential risk areas and processes and coordinating risk control assessment development
- Perform Assurance on Audit/Examination issues pending Issues assurance and identify any embedment weaknesses and/or implementation gaps by applying appropriate assurance frameworks.
- Establish relevant and implement-able action plans for pre-audit/audit/examination/pre-issues assurance remediation through applying appropriate industry best practice frameworks (e.g. ITIL, COBIT, PCI) and engaging with Risk/Control owners.
- Coordinate audit remediation action plans implementation by preparing progress updates, highlighting deviations and escalating “at risk” implementations to management
- Provide strategic direction of Technology and ensure alignment and in support of the bank-wide strategy
- Ensure the development of a high- performing team through embedding formal Performance appraisal and informal coaching… Manage team on how to conduct meaningful Performance appraisal discussions with their direct reports and ensure that they conduct the process effectively
- Determine and analyze training and development needs for people in your area, Ensure that identified training is budgeted for and executed
- Establish and maintain a succession plan for the key roles in the area
- With the support from the HR Business Partner, interview and recruit new members and provide support to them during the recruitment of their teams on request
- Ensure that all poor performance is addressed through the NMB Performance guidelines and that continued poor performance is adequately dealt with.
- Develop appropriate Employee Opinion Survey action items together with the management team of the business unit and ensure that items are executed
- Motivate employees in the department and ensure that their efforts are recognized
- Act as second level escalation point for all grievances raised in the unit
- Management & Leadership
- Project management
- Process/Operations design and management
- People management
- Risk management
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Systems implementation
- Systems architecture and design
- Systems administration
- Back up/Recovery and Systems continuity
- Understanding of financial sector operational risk management
- 8 years’ experience in ICT /ICT Infrastructure preferably in the banking industry
- Experience in operations, process and controls design and IT Governance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues and concepts in a simple manner
- Demonstrated ability and experience to develop and defend technical recommendations and budgetary plans
- Demonstrated experience working in a deadline-oriented environment managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Post-graduate – Information Systems/Computer science/Computer engineering/MBA or equivalent
- ITIL/PRINCE/OCD/ Certification
- MCSE/CCNA/CCNP Certifications
Please note, interviews for this position will take place at our Careers in Africa Recruitment Summit in London, 16- 18th of May 2014. Relevant candidates will be contacted and invited to attend the event.