SUMMARY & MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Accounting Manager is responsible for the production monthly management accounts our client in Angola for management review, prior to submission in accordance with the Group reporting timetable and internal processes. Responsibilities also include provision of accurate and timely information to internal managers to assist with statutory, advisory and internal reporting requirements.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Preparation of monthly company accounts to trial balance in accordance with NGAAP and USGAAP.
• Completion of monthly reporting requirements in accordance with EMEA and HQ timetables.
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger through preparation of supportable. journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with group policy.
• Tracking of bookings and sales and reconciliation of Accounts Receivable balances.
• Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
• Reconciliation of intercompany balances and agreement with other entities and timely resolution of reconciling items.
• Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance including monthly reporting and maintaining Sarbox environment.
• Collation of Angola cost of sales analysis for review by the Financial Controller.
• Provide analysis as required to support the Cost Accounting and Financial Planning and Analysis functions.
• Assisting the Financial Controller with reconciling ledgers within the accounting systems on a monthly basis.
• Assisting the Financial Controller in monitoring and support of the tax requirements of DR Nigeria to the Federal and State Tax Authorities.
• Supervise the Finance Team in Angola.
• Report with regularly to the West Africa Financial Controler based in Lagos, Nigeria.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• 8/9 years of Accounting professional experience.
• Certified ACCA (or other Angolan/Portuguese Accounting Certification).
• US GAAP familiarity.
• Experience in managing teams.
• Experience with Oracle ERP Accounting Systems.
• Experience of preparing monthly management accounts to trial balance.
• Experience of preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Experience of working in a Corporate reporting environment (ideally US Company).
• Must be able to communicate effectively with accounting and non-accounting personnel.
• Must be able to prioritise tasks, receive guidance and work independently to meet critical accounting timelines.
• Must be self-motivated to find efficient and effective ways to accomplish objectives.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Availability to travel to Lagos probably once a month.
The position requires a combination of a degree in accounting and an Accounting Certification (ACCA, TOC or other).
All candidates considered to this process will be contacted within two weeks maximum.