Key Focus Manages well defined medium sized projects/tasks with some complexity and ambiguity through the efforts of others over periods of 1 to 3 months
Additional Qualification Information
Qual actuary, min.4 yrs Act. exp or
Actuarial student: min 11 credits & min. 4 yrs Act. exp. Leadership Assessment Completed
CCM Level Manager of Others
- Individually accountable for delivery through efforts of others for periods of up to 3 months.
- Accountable for others’ time task and output quality.
- Balances own priorities with directing and motivating others.
- Assists with the development and training of Actuarial support staff and Junior Actuaries.
- Plans and assigns work over the applicable period.
- Guides and directs staff to achieve operational excellence standards.
- Creates a climate for optimal performance.
- Manages performance.
- Selects potential staff to sustain customer/client service delivery.
Actuarial Service Delivery:
- Carries out technical actuarial work often using complex systems and packages
- Takes responsibility for specific deliveries.
- Checks manipulates and analyses volumes of data and draws conclusions from the analyses.
- Ensures technical accuracy and implementation of work.
Owns and drives well defined medium sized projects/tasks with some complexity and ambiguity. Works independently shows initiative and exercises some judgement. Possesses competent interpersonal skills particularly communication. Able to structure tasks. Mastered self management – time management multi tasking and prioritising. Manages the balance between managerial and technical split
- Effectively meeting client needs; building inspiring relationships; and taking responsibility for client experience.
- The ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to select the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; adapting one’s own style to accommodate the target audience.
- Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistency to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- Establishing a course of action for self and others to ensure that goals are achieved. This includes the effective management of time and resources; and the ability to adapt plans when appropriate.
- Having achieved a Full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role.
- The ability to perceive, interpret and translate information (stimuli) in order to competently performs processes and tasks at various levels of complexity within the organisation. It also includes the ability to apply analytical, integrative, lateral or systemic thinking; depending on the task at hand.