Additional District Channel Manager OMSA
Brief Posting Description
This role serves to develop, manage and deliver a sustainable strategy and value proposition to build a Worksites channel, in order to facilitate growth in our customer base within the public sector; and to provide momentum for OMSA Retailisation initiatives. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through other managers and their teams.
The role forms part of the PFA leadership team and reports directly to Jaco Van Der Merwe, GM of Personal Financial Advice.
This role requires an exceptional leader, with a strong track record of managing sales and distribution strategy and execution.
- Develops and executes a national sales strategy for the channel, with clear and measureable action plans.
- Influences the development of appropriate value propositions and growth and retention strategies for key client opportunities.
- Understands markets, economic and political opportunities in the client segment/s, and develops plans for relevant threats and opportunities.
- Reviews the effectiveness of the channel strategy and re-aligns continuously.
- Develops a sustainable strategy and value proposition to build a new distribution channel nationally.
- Identifies new business opportunities and develops and facilitates relationships with key individuals in order to convert leads into new business.
- Defines and implements best sales operating practices for the channel.
- Ensures deliver of contracted services to clients.
- Manages production and profitability growth of the channel.
- Manages sales support processes in the channel.
Sales / Productivity
- Ensures the value of existing business from the targeted client segment/s is maintained and ensures that targets for new business are met.
- Ensures that the channel meets its budget, sales and resource plans through other managers and their teams.
- Drives operational excellence through area under supervision and builds a high-performance ethic amongst staff.
- Builds and maintains solid relationships and networks both internally within Old Mutual and externally, across key individuals in private and public sector institutions, professional forums, etc.
- Manages strategic relationships with stakeholders in the targeted client segment/s.
- Ensures Financial Services Industry regulations are adhered to.
- Manages and minimises business risk in the channel.
- Manages and minimises channel conflict.
- Defines performance parameters (incl. balanced scorecard) and measurements for area under supervision.
- Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
- Develops Managers of Others (MOs) and specialists under supervision.
- Selects potential MOs to sustain pipeline.
- Demonstrates the ACTNOW leadership behaviours and Old Mutual values.
Qualifications & Proficiencies
- Tertiary level qualification (Finance/Commerce/Marketing /Sales /Legal) with CFP (advantageous).
- FAIS compliance.
- 5 – 8 years working experience at managerial level in the financial services industry, with significant experience in Sales and/or Account Management; and managing sales teams.
- Experience working with and/or within the Public Sector and/or a key account environment would be advantageous.
Competencies & Attributes
- A self-starter, showing high energy and strong action orientation.
- Successful experience recruiting, managing, motivating and developing highly competent sales teams and sales support teams.
- Strong commercial understanding and inclination.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Solid interpersonal skills, showing an ability to work through influence rather than control; and to be able to interact at all levels and facilitate the delivery of decisions.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships and networks both internally and externally.
- Solid decision making capability.
- Good conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Strong values and integrity.