- Providing guidance and leadership to the employees based at Ethiopia office
- Providing support to the HR function for the co-ordination and execution of local tasks e.g. visa applications and processing
- Coordinating local HR activities in line with Oversight Country HR and Global Business Services.
- Administering HR policies in line with agreed UAE Oversight country.
- Act as a first point of contact with local and Group organizations requiring information about the ABB Ethiopia organization and market
- Ensuring compliance with all local laws and regulations in coordination with the legal team in the Oversight Country Finance
- Coordinating with the Oversight Country Shared Accounting team, GBS and Centres of Expertise to provide a first level of management and expertise for all Finance related matters.
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from local, Oversight Country and add value through provision of sound financial analysis
- Supporting local management in the preparation and review of actual, budget, forecast and estimate figures
- Supporting local management in the collection of receivables in order to minimize overdues
- Participating in Risk Reviews of tenders/offers to ensure risk coverage and profitability and approve in line with local Table of Authority
- Supporting preparation of relevant organization financial reporting, business planning, budgeting and forecasting.
- Validating accuracy of financial data and business information and reports by performing reconciliations and review of exceptions.
- Performing analyses of business performance versus budget and forecast and proposes improvement actions. Performing benchmark of key performance indicators with external and internal peers.
- Ensuring the accuracy of all financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensuring local books reporting in line with local books requirements
- o Ensuring the operation of appropriate internal controls, corporate governance and compliance
- Coordinating local requirements for the accurate and complete implementation of the VAT regulations for Ethiopia
- Ensuring processes and controls within own area of responsibility are designed and implemented in line with Group and unit requirements.
- Maintaining proper audit trail and documentation for future tax/
- Internal/external audits and reviews.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Major in Accounting, Controlling and Finance with at least 5 years of experience within the same field.
- Very solid IS knowledge especially with MS Office (Excel and Power Point), Lotus Notes, Abacus Analyzer and SAP. CCP know how is a plus. Have a thorough understanding and knowledge of financial management & systems.
- Good problem solving and very strong analytical skills with a detail oriented approach in order to draw the right conclusions from the financial data provided/reported.
- Very good planning and cross-cultural communication skills in order to manage relationships.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English is required. French language or Arabic language skills are a plus.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com