Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base. It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking an Administration and Procurement to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
Purpose of Role: To manage the procurement, branch developments, store supplies, repairs and maintenance of premises, equipment and vehicles, transport, security, mails and courier services, archives of the bank, front desk and access to premises, employee equipment and resources needs are met and ensure the premises is properly maintained.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Supervision of Admin department in general
- Automate the monitoring of various activities and contracts (Service / Maintenance)
- Provide reports to management on regular basis on the activities managed and cost cutting initiatives.
- Management (including negotiation) of AMC(Annually maintenance contracts) with vendors
- Work with other Departments to prepare branch roll out plans for new Business Offices and execute
- Monitor, supervise and ensure safety measures are incorporated into all business office development
- Co-ordination and management of all administrative issues like hygiene, stationeries, & welfare
- Develop and maintain up-to-date, effective security measures to protect the Bank’s properties and staff
- Ensure all rents are paid promptly
- Supervise all maintenance activities and maintain a regular schedule of maintenance for the Bank’s properties
- Establish the SLAs for all service providers and suppliers and monitor its compliance.
- Ensure the Bank’s insurance policy is adhered to at all premises and premium charges paid promptly
- Maintain clean surroundings on daily bases throughout the day
- Ensure adequate records of fleet management/movement, and put in place policies/structures to guard against abuse
- Maximize the best value for money for bank wide procurement activities and in line with the bank’s policies and procedures
- Proper management and efficient utilization of stores
- Deliver all admin services in the most efficient manner to facilitate the functions of other departments
- Manage the Drivers and personal secretary assigned to various head of departments.
- Ensure strict compliance with Outsourcing guidelines and Bank policies
- Ensure that the Bank has adequate cover for its fixed assets, against fraud and accidents
- Manage all protocol assignments of the Bank
- Ensure administration staffs are trained on best practices in their roles
- Procurement of equipment and other supplies
- Responsible for the purchasing and organization of supplies for all new branches
- Responsible for organizing machines to all branches (leasing / outright purchase)
- Management of fuel consumption (generator /office cars / contracts)
- Maintenance and procurement of office cars
- Maintaining the bank’s alarm system
- Other duties as assigned
- Cost savings where ever possible by negotiating and identifying proper vendors.
- Signing of purchase orders
- Clearance of tax invoices
- Preparation of purchase proposals for bank equipment
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Diploma / Degree in Business / Administration
- Experience in financial analysis and decision making
- At least 5 years’ working experience in administration with proven knowledge on procurement procedures and processes
- Experience in managing contracts with various vendors and ensuring the SLA is adhered too
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet project deadlines