General Purpose of Position: Assist the Africa Tax Manager to effectively manage the taxes of the African operations in line with the tax framework (policies, procedures, etc.) defined by Global Tax Manager
Key responsibilities (List major areas of position responsibilities, in priority order)
• Tax Reporting and Compliance (direct and indirect taxes)
• Tax support to regional business and operations, regulatory watch and lobbying, local tax planning, effective tax rate management, follow-up regional advisory costs
• Implementation of central Transfer pricing policy at regional level and preparation of local transfer pricing documentation
• Audit Defence and follow-up of customs duties/excise taxes claims
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in corporation tax
• Good knowledge in oil and energy indirect taxes in the (West) Africa region would be an advantage
• High potential profile
• Team player with ability to deal effectively with non-tax people
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex information
• Exposure to a multinational environment and a good acumen for business
• Ability to travel within the West Africa region.
• Bilingual in English
• Good command of either French (an advantage).