Reports to: GM Special Projects
- Internal – General Managers, B2B Managers, Finance department
- External – Local government authorities, Port authorities, Customers
Assist the General Manager of Special Projects in evaluating and validating new business opportunities with the aim of developing the company’s Bitumen business stream and other B2B commercial opportunities
- Business Analysis – assist the General Manager of Special Projects in evaluating and validating new business opportunities. Prepare business cases as appropriate.
- Research relevant market segments and coordinate the generation of new business relationships for the bitumen product to enhance the company’s revenues and profits. Evaluate the findings of market research or analysis projects; assess the viability of alternative opportunities, and present recommendations to senior management.
- Build effective relationships with local market stakeholders (government, industry, class associations and key accounts) to develop business opportunities and promote the company’s bitumen products and services.
- Coordinate ongoing bitumen development projects including monitoring the progress of projects through regular liaison with and visits to in-country B2B managers
- Set KPIs in order to monitor the performance of bitumen development projects in various countries
- Conduct field visits to establish effective relationships with port authorities and customs agencies
Qualifications & Experience:
- BEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc (preferred)
- 3-4 years’ experience in the Oil & Gas or Energy industry (preferred)
- Strong financial skills with a good understanding of CAPEX, OPEX, etc
- Master’s Post Graduate degree (ideally an MBA)
- Project management proficiency
- High level of proficiency in use of existing software packages (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word, etc).
- Ability to effectively interface with management at all levels and as well as contacts outside the organization
- Desirable: Bilingual – English and French/Portuguese/Spanish
- Excellent analytical, decision making, organizational, creative problem solving, verbal and written skills.
- Confident, organised, self-starting personality with the ability to understand and clearly communicate a wide range of business development and marketing initiatives.
- Ability to maintain an objective, rational perspective while providing a logical, pragmatic and factual approach to problem solving.
- Management skills with the ability to multi-task and balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple people in a persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic manner
- Geographical mobility for frequent short trips