We are seeking to employ a Director level equity research analyst to lead our South African Banks coverage in Johannesburg. The person will be responsible for coverage of a large number of high profile stocks. The role will include contact with Citi’s sales & trading platform, institutional equity clients and senior investment bankers with the common goal of developing all aspects of Citi’s Financials franchise.
Citi Research is a highly respected research unit and is comprised of more than 300 research analysts in more than 30 locations around the world. CIRA covers more than 3,000 companies, representing over 90 percent of the market capitalization of the major global indices, and provides macro and quantitative analysis of global markets and sector trends. Combined with Citi’s exceptional sales and trading capabilities and Smith Barney’s financial consultants, the core focus of the group is to help investing clients make informed decisions by providing value-added, independent, insightful analysis.
In EMEA, Research covers 830 stocks and has a research presence in a number of markets, namely the UK, Italy, South Africa, Poland and Russia.
The person is expected to build out lead coverage and obtain market leading client recognition in a number of SA Banks stocks. The person will be expected to market ideas and products to Citi’s equity sales & trading platform and to European and US institutional clients.
- Significant recent personal success in external surveys across SA Banks sector.
- Recent personal involvement in successful corporate activity in the sector.
- Evidence of thought-leading, collaborative global research product.
- A significant number of client references as a top five sector analyst amongst Citi’s current institutional client base.
- Evidence of delivering significant corporate access outside formal corporate advisory mandates.
- Displays a knowledge of the firm, its advisory model, its client base and their requirements
- Has as sound grasp of financial analysis, financial modeling and valuation techniques
- Demonstrates creative thinking resulting in market-leading research
- Demonstrates the highest quality commercial research and effective marketing skills
- Has built a notable presence in their chosen industry
- Shows an ability to leverage research product across equity-linked advisory and trading platforms
- Understands market sentiment and can demonstrate a track record of monetising this experience
- Has experience of building and maintaining team-based client service models.
- Demonstrates leadership and an ability to work collaboratively at both a regional and international level
Qualifications: Typically MBA/CFA
Competencies: Second language an advantage