The client is a world leader in the design and manufacture of gas monitoring products and the world’s leading provider of gas detection as a service. With over 900 people working in 15 countries, it is dedicated to eliminating death in the workplace by the end of this century. We’re currently seeking a top-performing sales professional to grow sales in Africa.
This person will be responsible for all aspects of the sales cycle of portable gas detection solutions. This requires effectiveness at the end user and distributor levels. A key focus will be the promotion of a unique service that provides analysis of data from gas detection equipment to identify maintenance and safety problems before they happen. This is a market changing technology for the use of gas detection instruments, and is a solution sell, rather than just a product sell.
This person will be responsible for all sales in Africa. This person should be based in South-Africa, be willing to work independently from a home based office, and be accustomed to extensive travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Selling portable gas detection solutions through distribution and directly to customers, focusing on the iNet solution
- Managing and increasing effectiveness with distribution partners
- Reaching sales goals as set by management
- Develop customer base necessary to meet all sales forecasts and budgets
- Maintain high level of product knowledge
- Prospecting for new business, preparing/presenting proposals and maintaining existing relationships
- Reporting to the Sales Director for EMEA, based in Paris, France.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Non-Negotiable):
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Goal oriented
- Highly ethical
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
- Overnight travel required
- Fluent in English and French
- Portuguese, Arabic as a plus
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years full-time work experience
- 5+ years outside sales experience
- Experience working with distribution
- Gas detection experience (sales, customer service, or technical support) as a plus
- Alternatively, experience in industrial sales and/or sales of safety related equipment or services