Ocean Rig is an international offshore drilling contractor providing oilfield services for offshore oil and gas exploration, development and production drilling, and specializing in the ultra-deepwater and harsh-environment segment of the offshore drilling industry.
The company owns and operates 13 offshore ultra deepwater drilling units, comprising of 2 ultra deepwater semisubmersible drilling rigs and 11 ultra deepwater drillships.
Due to expansion Ocean Rig is currently looking for Assistant Driller for their operations in Angola. We are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who are seeking a fresh and rewarding challenge that will give them the opportunity to work with the latest technology on this project.
The Assistant Driller’s overall responsibilities are, but not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Work as directed by his immediate superior
- Maintain working areas, tools, equipment and safety harnesses in a safe clean, tidy and orderly manner
- Familiarise himself the entire mud system, the safe operation and proper maintenance of same
- Be familiar with the safe operation and maintenance of the pipe-racking system
- Be familiar with the pipe tripping operations and how to safety handle and operate all drilling related tools and equipment
- Familiarise himself with all established well control procedures
- Familiarise himself with all established drilling operational procedures
- Familiarise himself with the running and testing of the BOP and how to operate the same and the diverter system
- Familiarise himself with the drill string compensator, riser tensioner system, and the sub sea TV system which is a part of BOP system
- Know how to fill in the daily drilling report
- Familiarise himself with Ton-Mile Calculation and keeping record for drilling line
- SPECIAL DUTIES
- Be safely conscious in all his work and behaviour and use compulsory protective equipment
- Report any safety hazards to his immediate superior
- Ensure all orders received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to at all time;
- Participate in all safety drills and safety meetings held onboard
- Be familiar with all the relevant work and safety procedures issued by Ocean Rig AS and by the Operator and promote the implementation of same
- Be familiar with the alarm instructions/”Station Bill” and accordingly know his lifeboat position and all other applicable duties during safety drills and in an emergency situation
- Carry out his duties according to the Emergency and Contingency Manual when needed
- QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- The assistant Driller needs minimum 2 years practise from drilling operations as well as completed training as Driller
- He shall have a valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF, Sub Sea Drillers level) and a valid Health Certificate
- He must have good knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
Ocean Rig offers a competitive salary and benefits package and personal development plans, which allow for promotional opportunities and enable you to achieve your full potential in our exciting and challenging industry.
If you meet all the requirements and would like to be exclusively represented by Global Career Company please follow the apply button. Please note if your application is successful we will contact you within 15 days.