Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Assistant Manager – Credit Monitoring and Recovery (NPA Management) to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Head Credit
Purpose of Role
Monitoring of accounts causing concern and classified accounts including suit filed accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- To identify accounts which are above sanctioned limits/ expiry of limits/ where full compliance of terms of sanction remains pending/ showing other early warning signals, causing concern
- To follow up on all the 4 categories stated above to bring about improvement/rectification of unsatisfactory features and to escalate issues to higher management
- Meeting recovery targets
- Reminder letters to such credit customers
- Attending customers issues and correspondence
- Restructuring/ rescheduling/ compromise
- Preparation of BOT returns, Board papers, covenants for loans from DFIs and other related MIS
- Classification of credit accounts
- Provision requirements as per BoT and IFRS
- Handling of various audits including external and internal
- Identifying accounts for filing of suits
- Write off of accounts as per guidelines