Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are seeking an Assistant Manager – Projects to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Manager – Projects
Purpose of Role:
To partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of a project. In this role, the Assistant Project Manager will plan, coordinate, and monitor medium scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. Projects can span multiple business units or functional areas.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining a consolidated timeline/schedule highlighting the major milestones and associated dates for project activities; Identifying and communicating project dependencies and impacts; Putting mechanisms in place to ensure on-going control of the project (E.g., Kick off meeting, overall Project Management Approach, Communication Plan, Risk Management, Issues Management, Change Control, etc.).
- Establishing project governance, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path.
- Ensure success criteria defined upfront to promote alignment and actively manage to expected project outcomes.
- Keep all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout project.
- Proactively communicate the project’s progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project life cycle.
- Provide information to make effective, timely decisions.
- Manage third party relationships involved in the overall implementation project to include scheduling activities and insuring deliverable are properly defined and completed on schedule.
- Communicate all changes to schedule and scope on a timely basis.
- Work closely with PMO office and Project Manager to set priorities.
- Follow Standards and guidelines provided by the PMO office.
- Manage project finances and ensure that project are delivered within the agreed project budget.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance, Banking, Information Systems, Information Technology or related areas
- Demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, project life cycles
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in banking or financial services
- Experience in driving medium to large scale change efforts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, PowerPoint)
- Master’s Degree or Project Management Professional certification is an added advantage
- Self-driven and self-motivated individual
- Ability to work in a team and manage team dynamics
- Attentive to details
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Conflict management
- Organizational skills
- Adherence to deadlines
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Flexible attitude
- Able to build good relationships at all levels, internally and externally