1. Nature & scope
Given the prominent role that the department is meant to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to:
a) support and work with the Regional Branch team to execute day-to-day business activities such as managing the Branch Deal Pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews and transaction support etc., thus enabling Regional Branch team to concentrate and focus on strategic and high value tasks of the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals in an efficient and effective manner.
2. Duties and responsibilities
1. Reviews and Analysis:
– Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
a) Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios. etc
b) Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
c) Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
d) Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
e) Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the Regional Branch team following preliminary review.
– Under the supervision of a designated Regional Branch staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
– Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
– Prepare and manage the Regional Branch transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
– Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making.
– Submission of Branch Monthly reports through the Regional Manger to the Director – Trade Finance & Branches.
3. Business Development:
– Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank.
– Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
– Develop, update and manage a database of Trade Finance Intermediaries.
– Representing the Regional Branch office in Internal & external meetings when required to do so.
– Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
– Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which Regional Branch actions are required.
– liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients
– Supporting the Regional Branch team with administrative services during Road shows, missions and conferences.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 5 years. An MBA would be accepted in lieu of experience.
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
• Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
• Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals.
• Being able to be multitasked, proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.