The candidate must be a seasoned marketing and investment professional with experience in economic development and infrastructure financing solutions – advisory, debt, mezzanine, equity, and project development.
The candidate must be able to support the marketing, communication, investor relations deal teams throughout the deal cycle from origination to financial close and commercial operations.
The candidate will possess a demonstrable interest in and knowledge of, economics, business and current affairs. A keen networker and ambassador with a track record of supporting a team to deliver corporate, crisis and/or marketing communication across the company’s core business sectors.
A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media. A demonstrable ability and desire to drive business development by developing and implementing marketing/communication initiatives and campaigns.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communication
- To provide knowledge of the company’s mission, operations and impacts to stakeholders: Potential investors, clients – project sponsors, governments; Potential business partners – DFIs, other financial institutions, legal firms, consultants; Governments; Opinion formers – regulators, business community, press.
- Raise awareness of Brand the company’s pan-African interests and development across Africa. Position Brand the company’s as a leader in the financing of the Infrastructure asset class. Maintain current media, stakeholder and marketing databases.
- Provide intelligence about 3rd party opinions of the company’s within different country governments and amongst other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the corporation’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished.
- Research institutional investor and infrastructure information examine economic trends, analyse financial and industry data to inform investor/transaction decision making.
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral for the Corporation. Deliver an integrated and comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy and programme across Africa and globally.
- Revise and disseminate the company’s Brand and style guide for the company’s internal and external documents (fonts, document formats – presentations, documents, pitches, writing style).
- Digital marketing – Manage all digital communication assets/channels. A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media.
- Design and deliver digital marketing campaigns. Conduct surveys, to identify institutional investor perception of the Corporation, advertising effectiveness, media penetration and communications messaging between paid and earned media.
- Draft thought leadership articles, conference papers, speeches for publication, press briefings and other related external communications
- Public Relations – Develop and execute industry specific public relations and social media programs including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and the company’s Blog.
- Ensure relevant/adequate media cover for the company’s corporate events and sponsorship activities.
- Proactively build media and branding relationships. Facilitate media briefings alongside the company’s PR agency. Actively participate in the identification of potential clients, investors and partners for the Corporation.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of the Corporation’s local and global external relations activities, including handling of governmental and regulatory bodies, media publications, interviews, queries and press conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Exceptional communication, marketing, research, analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent oral, written, numerical and analytic skills. The ability to multi-task effectively and work independently, with meticulous attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Exposure to international infrastructure deals and international financing work experience, with a network of contacts with financial institutions and International media.
- Demonstration of adequate knowledge of economic, financial, industry, development, social and other forces that may create or increase risk for the corporation.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Positive, proactive personality with a strong work ethic, motivated to succeed with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Key Annual Performance Indicators
- Number of marketing and communication partnerships established.
- Deliver a consistent flow of communication, on deal announcements and project-related activity.
- Direct and indirect US$ revenue generated or costs saved/ realised from marketing/communications interventions.
- Timeliness, accuracy and effectiveness of communications/reporting.
Minimum Qualifications & Other Requirements
- A strong first degree in marketing, economics, social sciences, journalism, or background in communication, strategy and business development.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification: Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts or Master of Science degree in print and broadcast Journalism, or professional qualification: Chartered Institute of Marketing/Chartered Marketer, Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism.
- 5-10 years professional experience preferably in investment banking and/or industrial conglomerate, communications or journalism.
- Previous professional experience in origination/business development and execution, complemented with relevant experience and understanding of economic development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and project finance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Arabic, French or Portuguese would be desirable.