The job holder will be primarily responsible for the professional identification & prioritization of the the company’s business opportunities, provide support in all aspects of managing new business and helps forge a new strategic direction and drive the company’s organizational growth.
This is a CEO front office role with new business-related responsibilities. The job holder must be highly motivated, outgoing and ambitious to meet the annual targets required to support the company’s growth aspirations.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities
New Business Development
- Assist in obtaining data on market & industry trends to support development of business insights and evaluation of its impact on the current and future performance of the organization
- Monitor progress of best practices that would continually identify trends, new ideas, and tools that would generate opportunities.
- Conduct categorizing and comparison of opportunities to support business expansion
- Research risks & drivers of success in identified opportunities
- Gather information on practical solution issues encountered
- Assist in developing new business development initiatives within the corporation
- Collect regularly industry and competitive intelligence for analysis & management reporting
- Research and prospect for new businesses to build pipeline of engagement within the market
- Work closely with technical/field teams at all stages of the business to achieve development of business opportunities.
- Assist in developing pitch slides, business plans and stakeholder identification for presentation to management
- Provide management with information required for negotiations with and lock in potential funding partners.
- Assist in working with experts, investment banks and VCs to secure and identify financing
- Assist in developing new business opportunities & initiatives for business opportunities and plans pipeline
- Gather data on macroeconomic developments, monitor markets, key statistical data, and update and monitor ongoing interim results of business initiatives using financial models
- Support investment committee process through provision of specialist knowledge in varying stages of the investment product development and management cycle.
- Maintain database on internal & external trends beneficial to the organization
- Present knowledge trends/developments in usable manner for management decision making.
- Good business relationships building skills
- Good understanding of crisis and issues management
- Ability to innovate and think outside the box and social competence
- Ability to multi task, function effectively under pressure and culturally open
- Good team work attitude and influencing ability
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable commitment to high ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Ability to conduct analysis of financial projections and impact of financing variables through the preparation of valuation model
- Good understanding of capital markets and trends
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Good project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Accounting/ financial analysis
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
Key Performance Indicators
- Expected return on investments from high growth new business initiatives
- Number of New projects won and successfully executed
- Devise and ensure the successful implementation of the company’s new business strategy
- Increase in sell side coverage
- Relevant advanced degree e.g. Master’s Degree in business administration, Finance, engineering or any related discipline
- 4 to 7 years working experience in an international financial institution or within a multinational business new business development
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good experience and understanding of infrastructure development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and private equity
- Good working knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure development landscape across the African market
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess good negotiation skills to manage prospective investors
- Knowledge of cultural and political contexts reflecting the company’s international presence