Purpose of Job Reporting to the Director Facilities, the Manager Bio-Medical Engineering, will carry out activities relating to imaging equipment management including maintenance, technical inspection, acceptance testing, third-party service supervision, contract monitoring, new capital equipment pre-purchase technical appraisal and annual equipment replacement plan.
Click the headings for further information.
- Provide technical support for clinical equipment within the Hospital & Outreach Diagnostic Centers as assigned;
- Document all actions and test results according to department policy using computerized maintenance management software application and other standard office software application.
- Coordinate requests for special projects, such as new equipment acquisition purchase planning and development of bid specifications among others.
- Develop Preventative Maintenance schedules and guidelines;
- Participate in development of department and system-wide quality assurance and repair of patient care equipment.
- Develop and review emergency and safety plans related to use and operation of critical patient care equipment
- Assist the Departmental Manager in the evaluation and supervision of technical staff
- Perform incident investigation and equipment performance analysis as required.
- Respond promptly to equipment Breakdown Maintenance (BDM) request as per policy;
- Timely complete Preventive Maintenance (PPM) as per policy