Job Title: Brand Manager
Company: Moët Hennessy LatAMEC – Africa & Middle East Market Managers
Within one of our agent the Brand Manager is responsible for developing and executing the brand plans and marketing programs, for our portfolio of Brands, adhering to global guidelines and ensuring brand objectives are achieved.
The Brand Manager reports directly to the Moët Hennessy Market Manager and is responsible for:
• Developing and implementing annual brand plans in accordance with Maisons global strategies
• Establishing good working relationship with Maisons and developing strong customer and sales relationships
• Providing clear consumer insights (consumer needs, segmentation and value proposition)
• Creating value by building brand equity with the consumer targets, whilst creating below the line tools to achieve sales objectives
• Creating, designing, developing, implementing and analyzing efficient Trade activations in the retail environments, in line with global and local brand strategies in order to maximize brand image, sales and profitability.
• Agreeing objectives with sales team, jointly developing marketing and brand plans for channels and key accounts
• Building and activating the respective brands in the trade (planning and executing tailored events, promotions)
• Developing and implementing activities to recruit new consumers in close cooperation with sales teams
• Managing and controlling Brands budgets (A&P, POS, FTT) and promotions to ensure optimal allocation of expenditure
• Monitoring and evaluating key programs with recommendations for future action
• Managing local advertising creative development and ensuring optimum media schedules
• Leading local promotional development (objective setting, implementation and post-evaluation)
• Developing PR plans, setting objectives and ensuring post evaluation
• Ensuring that local PR activities and messages are in line with brands strategies
• Acting as a Brand ambassador internally and externally: Sales Force, Trade, Consumers, Public Relations Agencies, Press, etc.
• Leading, developing, motivating and coaching a Product Manager (when applicable)
Setting SMART objectives
Managing and controlling budgets (Travel & Expenses, Free bottles and company tools…)
Guarantying that direct report is operating at all time with high level of integrity
• Managing individual T&E budget in the most professional manner and operating at all time with high level of integrity
Candidate must be open to travel at least 50% of the time in geographical scope Local contract
JOB DIMENSION Economic data (volume, Revenue, OP,..) : ConfidentialHR data (hc under responsibility,…) : TBCEvolution data/ development opportunities : MT Marketing / Commercial role / LT General Management
• Market Director Africa & Middle East• MH LatAMEC Regional team (Regional Marketing & Commercial Director, Business Support Director, Financial Director, Financial Controller, HRD)• “Maisons” teams (marketing, sales administration, BDD) EXTERNAL
• Distributors/Wholesalers• Retailers• Important On-Trade accounts• Press, Advertising Agency• Marketing material suppliers• Social Relations : network with the Who´s Who (politics, art, business, etc. in each of the major markets)
Qualification, Experience & Skills Required:
Education : Masters’ degree in Business Administration, Economics or Marketing. Ideally from Top Business school / university Languages : Excellent French and English
Professional experience & know how :
• Min 8-10 years relevant professional experience• International exposure, with professional experience and knowledge of the Wines & Spirits business, and if possible a previous experience in African Markets.• Sales background with solid knowledge of administrative/ financial concepts. A successful track record in managing wholesale operations is fundamental, marketing and positioning strongly branded products in local markets.• Natural Business Developer with the objective to foster a sales-driven organization.• Ideally some experience with luxury goods or at least the sensibility to luxury goods.
Technical & management skills :
• Sales and Marketing• Knowledge of administrative / basic financial concepts
Personal & interpersonal skills :
• Flexible, creative individual, self-motivated and passionate about the Company’s brands• With an entrepreneurial spirit, capable of working in less structured environments• Cross-cultural sensitivity• Emotional intelligence• A responsible, mature outlook with good judgmental skills• Leading by example• Extravert and like going out in on trade outlets (restaurants, bars, discos)• 6 Key Leadership factors: action-oriented, drive for results, motivating others, strategic agility, creativity, learning on the fly.