Global Career Company in partnership with a major O&G service provider is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with experience in selling equipment and services in the O&G industry. This is a great opportunity for a self starter and motivated sales person, with Engineering background.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) mission is accomplished through the development and execution of a detailed territory Booking Plan and he is responsible to maximize the year over year growth and market share in his assigned market.
Main responsibilities include:
- To promote and develop the sale of Product Services (Field Service, Repairs and Parts) and other business services to all territory customers (new & existing).
- Monitor and achieve bookings targets.
- Determine how best to deploy all resources in order to maximize bookings & profitability
- Pro-actively promote and sell products and services by visiting customers on a regular and planned basis.
- Provide feedback and direction to any dept. on all matters of: opportunity, competition, loss, change, problem of market intelligence and strategy for territory.
- Develop strong, long-term, business relationships with customers.
- Discuss, negotiate and finalise proposals with customers.
- Act as single point of contact when required on difficult company problems with customers to co-ordinate complex customer problems internal and external.
- Work with all support functions including controls, revamp, midstream, IGT, service contract PDMs
- Travel throughout the assigned territory as needed
- Technical knowledge of Rotating Equipment, Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Compressor Engines or Turbines
- Sales experience in rotating equipment, Control Systems and or power generation market.
- Knowledge of the application of above products at customer’s facilities
- Direct experience with the internal processes (project specification, contract procedures, T&Cs, etc.) used by major clients in the oil and gas industry
- Market knowledge
- Knowledge about key OEM’s within assigned Region
- English and Portuguese language fluency ( French a plus )
- Oral, written & presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
- General sales skills, including: need identification, questioning, listening, negotiation and closing.
- Strategy development skills
- Motivated, dynamic & industrious with “can-do” attitude.
- Personable & professional appearance
- Good commercial acumen.
- Experience working in a highly-matrixed organization
- Degree in Engineering or Equivalent