Business Develpment Manager Mozambique – Construction
Our client is a leader multinational company in the production of construction material. Due to the expansion of its Africa Development Division they are currently looking for a Business Development Manager to be based in Mozambique. The successful candidate will report to the Commercial Manager and amongst others, the responsibilities will include:
- Promote and increase the sales of all the companies of the Group that perform in the Mozambique market.
- Map the marker, price and competition
- Identify possible partners/distributors in Mozambique for each brand/product categories
- Deliver reports with recommendations for the development and growth of the various brands/product categories
- Key member of senior sales team, contributing to development of commercial strategies and taking ownership for leading implementation of same.
- Support and lead Business goals through effective cross-functional working/relationships, pro-actively participating and delivering on commitments with special attention to plasterboard penetration within sectors.
- Focus on long term, profitable relationships across sectors, supporting company’s “Pull” strategy.
- Retain strong relationships with resellers and sub-contractors, balancing short and long terms commercial interests for the Company.
- Manage regional commercial administration to understand financial impact of actions to achieve Company objectives.
- Responsibility for all safety aspects within region, with particular focus on driving standards and safety on building sites.
- Mozambican nationality
- Portuguese and English speaker
- Extensive experience in sales / business development in construction, building or engineering disciplines
- Experience in developing comprehensive strategies, business and sales plans, following up and supporting logistics and delivery and finance processes
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- Technical qualification/ background in the construction industry will be an added advantage
- Previous customer facing role essential, preferably in a management capacity
- Proven experience of implementing change with positive impact to the business
- Commercial awareness and drive – ability to identify opportunities and action
If you meet the above requirements please apply through the button below. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial screening telephone interview within 15 days.