To identify and develop business cases for targeted opportunities and to lead the design, planning, implementation and scale up of initiatives in prioritized countries & crops.
- Originate potentially interesting business ideas and opportunities, developing solid business cases for approval.
- Provide reality check in the opportunity assessment phase for pre-selected ideas or extension of existing projects.
- Fully engage with Commercial teams from the outset (Head, Sales, Marketing, Technical and P&S teams) to ensure awareness and develop buy in, and ultimately plan / drive hand-over of initiatives within max 2 years of commencement.
- Develop project plans, detailed actions plans, KPIs and milestones, ensure line management approval before implementation begins and provide regular updates of progress to line management.
- Develop processes, criteria and approach for the implementation and scale up of business opportunities.
- Allocate resources efficiently and effectively to reflect initiative prioritization and be prepared to defend requirements in line with budget cycles and recruitment policies.
- Lead and drive implementation of project with local teams, customers, growers and value chain
- Manage the team of operational resources tasked with the set up/scale up of initiatives.
- Ensure consistent approach to operations across projects and countries, leveraging synergies.
- Identify external partners who can contribute to projects and aim to selectively develop relationships to optimize their involvement.
- Execute the agreed initiatives and evaluate against the agreed set KPI’s, suggesting adaptions based on learnings.
- Ensure all aspects of business development are conducted in fully compliant manner.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & CAPABILITIES
Critical experience and knowledge
- Good understanding of agronomy and farm operations
- Operational experience with solid understanding of business drivers
- Country/ region experience
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of agribusiness markets, crop protection industry and customer needs
- Ability to influence indirect relationships throughout the global business
- Record of successful mgmt. of people/processes
- Proven track record of developing/running businesses in complex and demanding environments
- Experience drafting/negotiating agreements with 3rd parties
Critical leadership capabilities
- Sets ambitious strategic goals
- Communicates with impact
- Leads change and holds ambiguity
- Builds a culture of innovation
- Resilience and persistence
- Manages for performance
- Develops people, organization and self
- Collaborates across boundaries
Critical technical and professional capabilities
- Good understanding of key success factors for real-life success
- Sound business acumen
- Manage ambiguity
- Understands market dynamics and competitive environment
- Able to use market research effectively to understand customer, markets, channels
- Understands customer needs
- Has crop and product knowledge
- Anticipates changes in the market and adjusts strategies accordingly
- Analytical thinking
- Communication and presentation skills