Exim Bank (Tanzania) Ltd, is a locally established commercial Bank in Tanzania since August 1997. It continues to remain in the forefront of providing quality banking services in the Country. Within a short span of 18 years of its existence, the Bank has built strong brand equity through its geographical reach, innovative products, relationship management and ability to provide a faster turnaround in services; and in the process building a loyal customer base.
It is the first bank in Tanzania to have established banking footprint overseas – Union of Comoros (2007) &Republic of Djibouti (2011).
Currently, they are a seeking a Business Head to be based in Tanzania.
Reporting to: Retail Banking Head with a dotted line to Operations Head for Branch Operations, Controls & Compliance
Purpose of Role
To meet the defined Cluster’s Retail and SME Financial Targets within established product programs through the branches & teams and serve the clients with excellence. In conjunction with Central Operations Unit to operate and maintain a smooth running and operationally efficient branches, which conform to the financial institutions and BOT regulations, EXIM banks internal policies, rules and guidelines.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Achieve the Bank’s Business Plan across all product lines for the cluster every month, quarter and year.
- Provide a superior level of client excellence and promote the service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Hire, Train, Coach, Mentor and Motivate the entire team
- Acquire new customers and retain & grow your existing customers.
- Responsible for the operational efficiency of the branch, adherence of the staff members to the laid down SOPs and the evaluation and promotion of the productivity of its staff.
- To be responsible for the overall Control and Compliance for each branch and complete the related checklist every month for each branch. Follow up for closure of branch audit reports with total compliance.
- Take ownership for resolving complex problems, working with colleagues in other offices / branches to provide a seamless experience for your customers
- Manage your resources effectively and within budget.
- Manage escalation of customer queries and complaints
- Measuring and monitoring your team’s effectiveness by developing individual performance objectives. Performance to be evaluated basis the balanced scorecard devised to accommodate Business / Service / Operations/Control & Compliance parameters.
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in the banking industry of which at least 4 years should be in a managerial role with an exposure to Sales/Business Development
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Proven leadership capability having successfully led operation teams in banking
- Self-motivated, energetic individual with proven track record in delivery results
- Possesses the gravitas to deal with stakeholders across levels both internally and externally
- Ability to work with the highest level of integrity and ethics