Their mission is provide African consumers with high-quality fortified complementary foods that are affordable and available. In as much as they are a commercial, for profit organisation, they also strive to have the maximum social, economic and environmental impact possible on the communities in which they operate. In this respect, they have strong working relationships with Government of Rwanda and reputable NGO’s.
Africa Improved Foods Rwanda Ltd is looking for a CFO to join their young and energetic team.
Purpose of Role
Reporting to the Country Manager and CFO (Africa Improved Foods Holding), you will be responsible for the administrative, financial and risk management operations of the company. This involves establishing the operational and financial strategy, projecting and reporting accurate financial results, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets.
Key Areas of Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Oversee all financial operations of the company
- Coordinate company-wide Finance & Accounting operations and business risk management
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategy of the Company
- Report to the Management and shareholders on actual revenue and costs, analyze differences between budget and actuals, and advise on measures to be taken (if appropriate). This is on all activities of the company (product development, sales, production, & purchasing)
- Prepare a detailed report on raw material and labor costs to management along with a Comparison of actual versus projected production costs.
- Prepare the standard management report and initiate, develop and distribute Management steering information.
- Introduce, implement and maintain a system and procedures in the field of internal control.
- Perform regular Business Risk and Process Risk Assessments and define improvement actions
- Manage the internal audit/control processes
- Maintain appropriate relations with banks, insurance & legal companies and tax authorities
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in in Accounting, Finance or Commerce with a professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CA etc.)
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration and other professional banking qualifications will be an added advantage
- Have proven working experience in the preparation of accounts, budgets and financial analysis
- A minimum of 8 years of commercial experience in finance & accounting from a MNC in the FMCG, Manufacturing or similar industry
- Proven leader having managed successful large teams
- Good working knowledge of control processes, internal control requirements and procedures
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- General understanding of local taxation regime
- Ability to develop and establish financial control policies and procedures
- Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely manner
- Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration
- Demonstrated proficiency in ERP and accounting systems (preferably SAP) and other computer/software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Mature in approach with proven stakeholder management skills
- Able to challenge the status quo