The Chief Human Resources Officer will be responsible for providing leadership in the development and execution of human resources operational strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the Aga Khan University in East Africa, especially in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management, training and development, customer service, compensation and compliance with Human Resources requirements for Joint Commission International. The Chief HR Officer provides strategic leadership by articulating Human Resource needs and plans to the executive management team.
- Establish and implement HR strategies that effectively communicate and support the Institution’s vision, mission and strategic plan.
- Develop HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall institutional business objectives.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of within the institution or specialty groups regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Working with the senior leaders, establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the institution.
- Develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs
- Develop and implement regional compensation and benefit plans that are competitive and cost effective for the institution
- Develop and monitor HR budget and evaluate plans for cost-effectiveness
- Oversee talent acquisition, training and leadership development, career development, and benefits.
- Provide leadership and guidance for employee relations including directing of all disciplinary matters
- Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function
- Have a Masters degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or equivalent, from an accredited University
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management in Kenya or be eligible for membership in the institute
- Have a minimum of 15 years of experience, with at least 10 years in senior leadership, who will be able to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR programmes and initiatives
- Be able to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics
- Have a demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management, as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
- Have the ability to ensure credibility for the human resources function through his/her professional qualifications and leadership skills as well as project the highest levels of integrity.
- Possess superior interpersonal communication and presentation skills as well as proven organizational skills are required.
- Proven working experience in Joint Commission International accredited institution will be an advantage.